The Government Colleges, Department of Higher Education has decided to fill the posts of Lecturers lying vacant in all Government Colleges of Arts, Commerce, Science, Law and B.Ed on purely contractual basis. For eleven Months or term end of the year 2010-11 whichever is earlier.
Walk in interview on the date and time as shown against each subject.
Lecturer : 590 posts in various subjects.
- Essential Qualification & Experience : (For Arts / Commerce / Science / Law colleges) According to UGC guidelines a candidate should have passed his post graduation with minimum 55% With good academic record. In addition he/she should have a Ph.D (degree) OR NET (CERTIFICATE) OR SLET (CERTIFICATE) Only those candidates who meet these minimum qualifications should apply.
- Essential Qualification & Experience : (For Computer Science and Electronics Subject) – First class Degree in Electronics and Computer Engineering. – First class Degree in Electronics Engineering or Electronics and Communication Engineering or Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
- Essential Qualification & Experience : (For B.Ed. colleges) According to NCTE norms, a candidate should have passed his post graduation with minimum 50% and M.Ed. (with minimum 55% or its equivalent Grade). In addition he/she should have passed NET (CERTIFICATE) OR SLET (CERTIFICATE) OR SET (CERTIFICATE) examinations. Only those candidates who meet these minimum qualifications should apply.
- Scale of Pay : Rs. 16,500/- fixed salary.
- Age Limit : As per UGC Rules.
Vacancies in following subjects:
Political Science-5 / Geography-2/ Urdu-2 / Persian -2 / Drama-3/ Geology-2/ Computer Science-5/ Electronics-7 / Microbiology-5 / Law-7/ Indology or Indian Culture- 1/ Chemistry-70/ Zoology- 17/ Botany- 36/ Physics- 44/ Mathematics- 32 / Statistics- 18 / Commerce or Business Management- 19/ Philosophy- 5/ Accountancy-29/ Psychology- 10/ Economics- 42/ Sociology- 19/ History- 19/ English- 66/ Hindi- 36/ Sanskrit- 33/ Gujarati- 30.
Vacancies in B.Ed. Faculty:
Gujarati Method- 4/ Hindi Method- 4/ Sanskrit Method-4/ English Method- 4/ Economics Method- 2 / Sociology Method- 4/ Mathematics OR Science Method- 3.
How to apply – Applications forms can be downloaded from the following website – www.gacc.in. candidate should submit creamy layer certificate according to 1/4/09 norms in original and two xerox copies along with two recent pass-port size photographs. Candidates who fail to do so will not be considered for interview. The decision of the Interview Board appointed by the Government shall be final. The appointment is on a purely contractual basis for a fixed period of time only. The basis for appointment shall be for the current work-load and the current academic year. Travel expenses to the venue of interview must be borne by the candidate. Candidates are requested to reach the place of interview one hour before the given time of interview for registration which is mandatory. Selected candidates shall be appointed according to approved roster register by Government of Gujarat.
Walk-in-interview To the Office of the Higher Education Commissioner, Block No: 12/2, Dr. Jivraj Mehta Bhavan, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, from 7th June 2010 at 09:AM. to 23rd June 2010 upto 17:00 PM.